While Smartly is known for pioneering one-of-a-kind, online MBA & Executive MBA education programs, we also take pride in our budding career network, Smartly Talent. Smartly Talent is designed as an employer first career network, which means that employers browse our candidate profiles and reach out if and when they think there is a fit for their openings. This is our way of closing the loop in the hiring process– we teach you the skills necessary to advance your career, then we help you get hired.
- Joining Smartly Talent: If you are accepted into the Business Certificate, MBA, and EMBA programs, you are automatically eligible to join our career network, Smartly Talent. Just make sure that you have set your profile to “Active” in the Careers Preferences tab. If you aren’t a Smartly student, you can still apply to join Smartly Talent by applying here. You can find some tips for how to make your profile stand out to employers here.
- You are liked!: If an employer has expressed interest in your profile, you receive an email prompting them to respond to the employer – you can either like or pass on the employer.
- It’s a match!: If you like the employer back, the employer receives an email alerting them of the good news!
- Connect with the Employer: We now have a match and anyone can kick off the conversation to see if it will be a good fit. We recommend starting the conversation as soon as possible! A polite “Hello, nice to meet you! I’m curious to learn more about your open roles” or something similar should jump-start the conversation.
- Receive Interview Requests: Employers can schedule interview requests with students over Smartly Talent’s messaging platform.
- Keep in Touch: We realize that everyone’s busy, but if you haven’t heard from an employer in more than a week, we recommend sending another message to check-in!
- Get Hired! Let us know anytime if we can help you in your career journey.
Occasionally, we will share an Employer Spotlight email to support you and our companies by sharing a few of our employers with you, our students, and then proactively suggest viable candidates to those employers.
Questions? Feel free to email Smartly Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org!